Voter Registration

This form can be used for New Applicants, Changing your Address, or Requesting a Replacement Certificate:

Print, sign and return completed application by the 30th day before any election in which you desire to vote to:

Mailing Address
Grayson County Elections
115 W. Houston
Sherman, TX 75090

Physical Address
Grayson County Elections
115 W. Houston
Sherman, TX 75090

*** The Texas State Legislature does not currently allow online voter registration. You must submit a paper application to our office for registration purposes. ***

We cannot accept completed applications by email or fax.

Paper copies of this form are available at the following locations:
Elections Administration – 115 W. Houston, Sherman
Grayson County Sub-courthouse – 101 W. Woodard, Denison
US Post Offices
Public libraries
Department of Health and Human Services

If you do not find paper copies at these locations, please call us and let us know and we will mail you a paper copy.

To Register

  • You may register to vote if you are at least 17 years and 10 months of age on the date the application is submitted.
  • You must be 18 years of age on or before Election Day to actually vote in an election.
  • You must be registered to be eligible to vote.
  • Voter registration is permanent, if you keep your registration information current.  Notify the voter registrar of any changes in information such as name change, moving to a new location, or a change in your mailing address.
  • You can register to vote at any time; however, you must be registered at least 30 days before an election in which you wish to vote.

If You Have Moved within Grayson County or your name changes, you may:

  • correct the information on your current voting certificate (the colored postcard-sized document), sign the back of the certificate, and mail it back to the Elections office, or
  • complete a voter registration application; or
  • complete a statement of residence in the vote center at the time of voting; or
  • update your name and/or address online if you still live in the county in which you are currently registered to vote; the change must be submitted by the 30th day before any election in which you desire to vote. Click Texas Online Update Name and/or Grayson County Address to submit your online name/in-county address change.

You will be eligible to vote in your new precinct on the 30th day after the registrar receives the notice, meanwhile you may continue to vote the style of ballot you were eligible to receive in your previous precinct. The election judge will ask you to fill out a statement of residence confirming your new address before you vote.

If You Have Moved to Another County:
If you have moved to a new county, it is necessary to re-register using the paper Voter Registration Application and sending it to the Voter Registrar in your new county OR changing your address IN PERSON at DPS.

You may be eligible to vote a limited ballot in the county of your new residence after you move if you were still registered and eligible to vote in the county of your former residence as of the address change deadline in the election in which you are voting. Voting by Limited Ballot must be done during the Early Voting period at the Election Administration office in Sherman.

I’m not sure if I’m registered to vote; how can I confirm my registration status?
You can confirm your registration status by calling our office at 903-893-8683 or online by going to the Texas Secretary of State’s Voter Registration Search, where you will select one of three methods for conducting your search. You can base your search on:

  1. Your name, county and your date of birth (DOB)
  2. Your DOB and Unique Identifier (VUID), which appears on your voter registration certificate
  3. Your DOB and your Texas Driver’s License number

If you do not find yourself registered using the online tool provided, please call our office to confirm your status.

How do I get my deceased family members' voter registration canceled?
Send us a letter requesting cancellation to the Voter Registration Office stating that the voter is deceased. Include the name of the voter, registration address and date of birth. Sign your name and record your relationship to the voter beside your name (i.e. husband, wife, son, daughter, etc.).

My registration status says "Suspense", what does that mean?
Suspense means that the voter registrar is not certain of your address, usually due to mail returned undeliverable. If the registrar has reason to believe that a voter's current residence is different from that on record, then the registrar must send to the voter a written notice requesting confirmation of the voter's current residence and mailing address[es]. When a Notice of Address Confirmation is sent, the voter automatically is put in suspense mode to suspend mail being sent to the possibly wrong address for you.